Phyllis Zimbler Miller, marketing guru, book author, and owner of the Internet Marketing company www.MillerMosaicLLC.com, recently wrote an article called “Why Book Authors Need Their Own Websites.”
Here’s an abbreviated version of the list of reasons she gave:
- If you use social networking sites to promote your book, you’ll want to have a dedicated site to send your “fans” to so they can learn more about you and the book.
- Your publisher site is essentially a site you share with other authors. You don’t want to potentially have visitors distracted by other books and other authors being promoted on the same site.
- You want to collect site visitor information, so that you can have a list of contacts to use in the future to promote your current book or a future book.
- You can incorporate your blog, video, etc.. to your author site to enhance the interactive, multimedia experience.
- If you have book signings or speaking engagements, you can use your website to promote them.
- You can add book reviews or testimonials that help make your book look more appealing to site visitors.
All of these benefits mean that your site visitors will have a good experience on your website … and, done properly, that will lead to increased book sales. I’m sure Phyllis will agree with me when I say that an author website will ultimately pay for itself.
Ready to get started? Contact us today for a free consultation!