Most authors know that they need to build a writer website in order to properly promote themselves and their books. But too many authors build a website and then don’t bother to tell people about it. Big mistake!
Get your domain name out there. Get people to link to your site. Here are some really simple ways to spread the word about your book website.
- Put the URL on the book jacket
- Print out business cards that mention your site
- Tell people at speaking engagements/book signings to visit your site
- Put your URL in the signature line on all your emails
- Mention your site whenever possible on message boards and blogs
- Always make sure that any articles that include your byline also include a link to your site
- Mention your site in any interviews, media, etc..
- Reach out to other relevant author sites and propose linking to one another
See how simple (and affordable) this is? Not only will this reach the people who are looking at your blogs, articles, etc… but these links are also a large part of Google’s ranking system. The more links to your site that you have, the higher you rank in SEO.